Game time | peewee football

Well I am not off to a very good start to my 365 blog, I forgot to post yesterday. I was just a tad tired after my oldest football game. He started playing football last year and every game I would be watching through the viewfinder of my camera. So when he started playing his year I told my self I would sit back and watch the games and enjoy them. Well that didn't long. His first real game I took my camera out to get a few shots of him and then I put it away. It can be very hard taking pictures when  you have a 5 year old and a 2 year old sitting next to you grasping for your attention. Well he made a great play, he caught the ball that was thrown to him and got a few yards before being tackled. After the game he was so excited and then he asked "Mom did you get my great catch on your camera?" A stab to the heart I must say as I told him no, I didn't have my camera out. With very sad eyes he says "Oh".

Well I guess I will not be winning mom of year award. Well I promised him I would have my camera out at every game. It is not very easy trying to watch a game through the view finder but I want him to be able to look back and have memories of playing football. The days of innocence and playing just because will soon be over, so I will soak up what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment